Awesome people, agile engineering, Slack chat, elegant code, autonomous, teams, rapid release cycles, Github, continuous delivery, automation testing, feature switching, brown bag lunches, Hackathons, good coffee.
Corporate BS, politics, fear of failure, bad code, slow delivery, dress down Fridays, bad coffee.
These are some of the roles that we have open at the moment, but if you don’t fit into any of the boxes and feel you can offer us something then you should still get in touch.
Maybe you’re a smart creative type who knows you can do great things but haven’t quite found your niche? We like anyone who pushes boundaries and can think outside the box.
To apply contact us now: firstname.lastname@example.org
JOB TITLE: BI Engineer
The BI team at Bede Gaming is responsible for driving forward the Data Warehouse implementation and associated analytics tools. This covers:
● ETL building and maintenance
● Data warehouse schema design
● Working with enterprise messaging
● Data warehouse performance tuning
● Cube design
We use Pentaho Data Integration for ETL and Pentaho BA server – self service BI solution based on Mondrian, SQL Server as a databas eengine.Candidates must be comfortable with OLAP terms and concepts, and have experience of an existing BI suite, though not necessarily Pentaho. We’re looking for a highly motivated individual with a background in data warehousing and database development to join our growing BI team.
● Designing and testing ETL processes using Pentaho Data Integration
● Designing and performance tuning Enterprise Data Warehouse and cube schema
● Working with business users to improve analytics toolset
● Assisting business users with generating self service reports
● Thorough understanding of SQL
● Experience working with ETL processes (any off the shelf solutions)
● Ability to interpret complex business requirements
● Experience working with Pentaho
● Experience tuning SQL Server
● Demonstrable experience with OLAP concepts & MDX
● Understanding of DataVault pattern
● Experience with Near Real Time Reporting
● Experience in working with Multi Terabyte Data Warehouse projects
● Understanding of Agile approaches to project management
● Experience with Brokered Messaging
JOB TITLE: Information Security Officer
This is the single most exciting Information Security role in the North East of England. Bede Gaming is a leading supplier of technology to the gambling sector, with a cutting edge technology stack. Built on a mix of deployment platforms and frameworks, spanning Windows, Linux, a number of database systems – both relational and NoSql, enterprise messaging and web service integrations. The platform is deployed onto a mix of cloud and collocated infrastructure.
Bede Gaming provides a fully managed service to our customers, responsible for securing the data of millions of players across the EU. Operating in a highly regulated environment, ensuring integrity and compliance presents an incredible challenge for Bede’s Compliance and Security teams. Bede is seeking an exceptionally dynamic individual to join the business in the role of Information Security Officer (ISO). You will have extensive experience working in the intenet security space, and have a deep interest in the evolving threat landscape impacting financial B2C web properties.
Under the general direction of the CTO, the ISO is responsible for continuous improvement and implementation of Bede’s Information Security Management System (ISMS), designed to comply with ISO 27001. The scope of this system covers both the organisation’s physical information landscape and its online estate, covering in the region of 1000 servers. The ISMS’s purpose is to ensure that the data of the organisation and the data held on behalf of partner organisations remains safe from unauthorised access or disclosure.
● Information Security leader
Lead Bede’s Information Security function, evangelising the benefits of security across the organisation by working closely with all areas of the business to ensure information security is foremost in their thinking. Influence and act as SME to the Exec, through the CTO, building support for the Information Security programme. Work with product development teams to embed security concerns as part of Bede’s SDLC. Represent Bede to external bodies, customers, prospects and partners on all matters relating to information security and general IT due diligence.
Work closely with the Service Delivery team to promote automation of provisioning and monitoring of security aspects throughout Bede’s IT estate and facilities. Develop appropriate ISMS reporting mechanisms to provide on demand, data rich content.
Coordinate the development of Bede’s ISMS framework, standards and procedures. Work with key business departments, asset owners and governance colleagues in the development of such policies. Ensure that Bede’s policies support compliance with external requirements. Oversee the dissemination of policies, standards and procedures to employees.
● Education & Training
Coordinate the development and delivery of an education and training programme for employees and other authorised users to stay abreast of information security best practice and Bede’s policies in particular.
● Incident Response
Working with Bede’s Service Delivery Manager, develop and implement and Cyber Incident Response Plan and Reporting Framework to address security incidents or complaints from external parties. Serve as the company’s primary contact point for information security and privacy incidents.
● Risk Assessment & Incident Prevention
Develop and implement an ongoing risk assessment programme targeting information security and privacy matters; recommend methods for vulnerability detection and remediation, and oversee vulnerability testing.
● Thorough understanding of essential internet concepts (HTTP, SSL, TCP networks, OAUTH)
● Experience working in the security team of an ISO 27001 organisation
● 5+ years information security experience
● Excellent communication skills, able to influence at Exec level
● Excellent writing skills, able to author and review policy documentation
● Experience defending webscale internet properties against distributed brute force attacks, DDOS and OWASP top 10 threats
● Understanding of cloud computing concepts & automation at scale
● Relevant security management qualifications such as CISM
● ISO 27001 lead auditor or implementer qualification
Reports to: CTO
Direct reports: Information Security Analyst
JOB TITLE: Software Engineer (full stack)
We are an innovative software company who produce awesome casino and bingo gaming content in an agile manner and using best practice techniques and approaches.The current team is a good mix of graduate, through to senior level software engineers. We are looking for people at all levels of experience who can display a well rounded and broad approach to their use of technologies on both the front and backend. We want people who are passionate about producing good quality code and keen to contribute positively to the productive and fun working environment we’ve established at Bede.
Things we’re looking for:
● Asp.net, MVC and Web API Razor
● Design and optimisation of SQL Server Databases
● Dependency Injection (Ideally autofac)
● Unit Testing (Ideally Nunit)
● Version Control (Ideally Git)
● Creation and use of a RESTful interface (Web API)
● Some exposure to front end frameworks backbone, angular etc
● Experience with Azure web services
● Experience of working in a Continuous Deployment Setting
● Familiarity with TeamCity, or even Octopus Deploy
● Experience of working in an Agile process using SCRUM techniques.
An artist, a former weapons engineer and an astrophysics graduate are among the team to have joined fast-growing Bede Gaming recently. All sorts of exciting paths have been taken to join Bede Gaming and add to our exciting company dynamic and culture. Read more about our talented team…
Software Developer Jude Wood, originally an electronics engineer who developed weapon systems on tanks at Vickers, is among Bede’s new starters of 2015. She said: “Bede’s approach to software development to produce excellence through addressing and managing risk effectively is what attracted me to the company. Emphasis is placed on peer review, testing at all stages of and helping employees to continuously improve their own skills.” Jude’s unique skills and engineering expertise is a great asset to Bede and adds to the huge range of dynamic talent we have here.
Andy McDonnell – an artist who joined Bede recently after four years in the video games industry working for an established games developer – said: “I draw pictures all day long, so this job couldn’t be better. The opportunity to be at the front of Bede’s development and be responsible for creating the look and feel of its games is fantastic.”
Amila Prabandhika, relocated from Malaysia after gaining a bachelor’s degree in artificial intelligence and then went on to do a master’s degree in advanced computer science in Newcastle where he was snapped up by Bede Gaming. Amila works as one of Bede’s .Net Developers, “Bede is the best place to work in the North East as the technology culture is to always keep updating. This means developers get an excellent chance to find out how new technologies will benefit various platforms.”
Physics and astronomy graduate Jane Cranston, a recently appointed data scientist at Bede, believes it is the company’s culture that makes it a great place to work. Jane said: “Bede isn’t corporate, like many of the places I’ve worked. There’s less formality, and that’s a welcome change. No one stands on ceremony, everyone gets on and collaborates. It’s an open culture.” Previously Jane worked in a number of roles and actually taught herself to code after not being challenged in various roles she had worked in. It was Bede’s culture of having the freedom to put forward ideas and actually having them seriously considered which captured Jane’s passion to work here.